Did you know Michigan ranked 10th in a recent national obesity study?
– Trust for America’s Health & Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2010 Report
Danialle Karmanos’ Work It Out in partnership with the DMC Children’s Hospital of Michigan is the leading 501(c)3 in Southeast Michigan to employ a yoga-based approach to quality programming which equips kids with the tools they need to prevent childhood obesity, reduce anxiety and live a healthy life.
Approximately 31 percent of Michigan’s children are overweight. These children will face a lifetime of health challenges; however, when children practice the yoga methods they learn through our programs, they become much more aware of their diet, posture, activities and daily exercise routine.
DKWIO is making a healthy difference in the lives of these children and you can be a part of this exciting change! Here are a few ways YOU can make a difference and support the many local-area children who benefit from DKWIO programs:
- All monetary donations, big or small, are appreciated to help provide yoga programming to at-risk kids.
- Support DKWIO by selecting us as the beneficiary of your next fundraising event. Remember, a little goes a long way and every little bit helps!
- DKWIO is accepting donations of new yoga mats. Host a new yoga mat drive for the kids of DKWIO or contact us if you have a new mat to donate.
- Yoga Business Owners – Offer a FREE or reduced-rate class to introduce new potential clients and offer the opportunity for them to contribute to DKWIO.
- Are you a certified yoga instructor? We need volunteers! Please call us for more information.